Manistee City Hall is located at 70 Maple St. in Manistee.
MANISTEE — Manistee City Council could take action during its meeting Tuesday to approve an MiDEAL price quote from Falcon Asphalt Repair Equipment for the purchase of a 4-ton Falcon Asphalt recycler and hot box trailer in the amount of $32,862.62. Road Asphalt Recycled Equipment
The meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Tuesday in council chambers at Manistee City Hall, located at 70 Maple St.
The city's current machine is a 2008 model nearing the end of its useful life, according to a memo from Jeff Mikula, director of public works, to Bill Gambill, city manager, found in an agenda packet for the meeting.
The following items are also on the agenda:
• Introduction of Coast Guard commander Nick Gera;
• Consideration of submitting two Local Revenue Sharing Board grant applications for portable scene lighting and medical intubation equipment for the fire department and tasers for the police department;
• Consideration of accepting a bid for the rehabilitation of one of the city's four municipal water wells;
• Consideration of an amended recycling center agreement with Manistee Catholic Central;
• Consideration of a memorandum of understanding for the Hampton Inn project;
• Consideration of utility easement agreements with Harbor Drive property owners to establish a water main loop connection at South Lakeshore Drive;
• Consideration of applications to the compensation commission, historic district commission and zoning board of appeals;
• A report from A.J. Johnson and Nate Moore of Republic Services; and
• Consideration of the Tight Lines for Troops charity event to be held May 19-20.
Asphalt Cutter Machine I was born and raised in Manistee. I earned a bachelor's degree in English from Grand Valley State University. My hobbies include fishing, reading and playing music.